WIP parallel restore patch

From: Andrew Dunstan <andrew(at)dunslane(dot)net>
To: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: WIP parallel restore patch
Date: 2008-10-29 14:52:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Attached is my latest parallel restore patch. I think it's functionally
complete for Unix.

Many bugs have been fixed since the last patch, and the hardcoded
limitation to two table dependencies is removed. It seems fairly robust
in my recent testing.

Remaining to be done:

. code cleanup
. better error checking in a few places
. final decision re command line option names/defaults
. documentation
. Windows support.

cheers

andrew

Attachment Content-Type Size
parallel_restore_10.patch.gz application/x-gzip 15.2 KB