The next Pg commitfests are in November 2009 and January 2010, and
we're going to have more Patch Review Parties to celebrate.
1. The first one (much less formal) (but how formal do we ever get,
really?) will be during the hackathon at OpenSQL Camp, conveniently
scheduled on the same day the new commitfest starts.
When: Sun 15 Nov 2009, 3pm - 5pm (that's 1500 - 1700)
Where: Souk, 322 NW 6th Avenue, Suite 200
This will be a "show up to participate" deal.
2. Michael Ewan has graciously offered to host a Patch Review Party
out at an Intel campus!
When: Sun 17 Jan 2009, 6pm - 9pm
Where: Intel campus, directions handed out later
I chose Sunday so's to minimize traffic aggravation for those who are
coming from the east side. (Please tell me if that idea sucks.) Plan
on carpooling or taking the MAX out to Hillsboro. We'll help make
After patch-reviewing, we may retire to a nearby pub.
This one is a "sign up in advance" deal like the first PRP.
Attendance will be limited to 10 people. Just email me to let me know
you are coming. :)
General info about both PRPs:
* Have a look at the notes from the last patch review:
* Get a copy of the git repository of postgresql:
* Try out applying a patch from the current commitfest (a small one is
a good idea :) ) so you understand how the process works.
* Post questions if you have any problems!
We pair up, so don't let a little thing like lack of a laptop stop you
Hope to see you out there!
pdxpug by date
|Next:||From: Rich Shepard||Date: 2009-11-11 16:42:18|
|Subject: Converting .mdb Files|
|Previous:||From: gabrielle||Date: 2009-10-17 04:39:02|
|Subject: Meeting recap!|