August meeting tomorrow!

From: gabrielle <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pdxpug(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: August meeting tomorrow!
Date: 2008-08-20 22:59:25
Lists: pdxpug
--Reminder--

When: Thurs, 21 Aug 2008, 7pm
Where: FreeGeek http://freegeek.org/

We'll have the usual opening festivities; perhaps OSCON recaps in haiku form?

Our special guest this month is Lloyd Albin of SCHARP (Statistical
Center for HIV/AIDS Research & Prevention, a division of the Vaccine
and Infectious Disease Institute of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer
Research Center).

Lloyd will be giving us a presentation on using TSearch2, materialized
views, & user security. He recently created a real-time, continuously
updated materialized view using TSearch2, with the additional
requirement of only returning results on which the current PostgreSQL
user has read access.

Followed, as always, by beer at the Lucky Lab.

See you there!  Except for James.  We'll miss you, James!

gabrielle

pdxpug by date