oscon booth report - more details.

From: gabrielle <gorthx(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: oscon booth report - more details.
Date: 2008-07-28 20:14:16
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Link to my post to -general listing the booth volunteers:
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-general/2008-07/msg01076.php

Booth photos from flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bitpusher/2696574958/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/seokchanyun/2698606943/

That is our groovy new folding banner in the background.  It collapses
down into a hard case approximately the size of a tuba, with rolling
wheels for easy transpo.  It's a bit awkward for someone of my size
but not unmanageable.  Two people makes it easier.

Swag:
- We sold a lot of shirts.  I did not keep an inventory & am basing
that conclusion on the amount of money we had in the cash box and the
fact that the remaining shirts fit in a single box.
- The USB keys did not do as well as we'd hoped.  People really wanted
them as a freebie.
- We threw in a tin of M&Ms with t-shirt or usb key purchase.  This
seemed to work well.
- The stickers were a big hit again & we were out of them by midway
through the second day.
- The bags remain a popular item.
- I believe we successfully deployed all of the EnterpriseDB mugs.

Two things I didn't get to do that I wanted to:
- Temporary tattoos.  I couldn't find a merchant that looked
trustworthy & would make a run of less than 1000.  I have some other
contacts for this item & will continue to look into it.
- List of Pg-related talks at OSCON.  This was on my list of things to
prep and I let it slip.  I'll try that again next time.

Thanks again to everyone who helped out.

gabrielle

pgsql-advocacy by date