Re: New member of list

From: Robert Treat <robert(at)omniti(dot)com>
To: Andy Yoder <ayoder(at)airfacts(dot)com>
Cc: "bwpug(at)postgresql(dot)org" <bwpug(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New member of list
Date: 2008-10-15 14:37:02
Lists: bwpug
Andy Yoder wrote:
> Hey all!
>

> Just got back from PGCon WEST where I discovered there was a local users
> group here in the Baltimore/Washington area.  Just wondering how often
> there are meetings, where they are held, and any other general details.

Howdy! Our "regularly" scheduled night is the second Monday of each
month, though I can't say we've been meeting Particularly regularly
recently (sometimes on Wednesday, sometimes 3rd Monday, and I think
we've even taken some months off).

We do have a firm meeting space, which is in the offices of OmniTI
(http://omniti.com/is/here), which is generally available whenever we
need it, and we can usually wrangle some pizza/refreshments along with
the meeting space.

We also have several regular contributors/speaker for Postgres within
the Baltimore/Washington area, including Greg Smith, Stephen Frost, Theo
Schlossnagle, Vivek Khera, and myself, so if there is something you're
interested in having as a topic please let us know. We're also very
interested in getting talks from the membership at large; topics on
postgresql add-on projects or contrib modules you have made a lot of use
of, even general case studies, or even areas of interest you just feel
like talking about are welcome.

Oh, one last thing, I think most announcements about times and locations
can be found on the bwpug blog feed at http://pugs.postgresql.org/bwpug.
Hope this helps, and welcome to the group!

--
Robert Treat
http://www.omniti.com/