Re: autovacuum and reloptions

From: Euler Taveira de Oliveira <euler(at)timbira(dot)com>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Cc: Pg Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: autovacuum and reloptions
Date: 2008-10-15 00:52:16
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Alvaro Herrera escreveu:
> So I gave up waiting for someone else to do the reloptions patch for
> autovacuum and started work on it myself.  What I soon discovered is
> that on first blush it seems a lot easier than I had expected.

Sorry about that. :( I was swamped with PGCon Brasil and then I took
some days to rest. I'm expecting to finish it before next CF.

What did I already do? I refactored reloptions.c to support multiple
options. I tried to follow up the same way GUC do (of course, it is much
 simpler). I'm thinking about removing (replacing?) StdRdOptions 'cause
we need a different struct to store reloptions. Suggestions?

I'm attaching the WIP patch so you can comment on it. I want to continue
working on it but I'm afraid you already did more than I do (in this
case, let me know for not duplicating efforts).

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/