Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?

From: Chris <dmagick(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Ang Chin Han <ang(dot)chin(dot)han(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Drupal and PostgreSQL - performance issues?
Date: 2008-10-14 22:35:32
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-performance

> Note this comment:
> /*
> * Queries sent to Drupal should wrap all table names in curly brackets. This
> * function searches for this syntax and adds Drupal's table prefix to all
> * tables, allowing Drupal to coexist with other systems in the same database if
> * necessary.
> */
> That's an MySQL-ism for working around legacy hosting sites offering
> only a single MySQL db bogging postgresql down...

No it's not. It's about being able to use a single db for multiple
app's. Either I do something like that, or I have to [hardcode] change
schemas after each connection because I only have a single db & a single
db user.. which postgres/oracle[I'm sure others] support but not mysql.

Shared hosts don't give you a lot of resources, so apps build stuff like
that in to make it easier.

--
Postgresql & php tutorials
http://www.designmagick.com/