Re: can I update multiple table at a time?

From: Julius Tuskenis <julius(at)nsoft(dot)lt>
To: Jagadeesh <mnjagadeesh(at)gmail(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: can I update multiple table at a time?
Date: 2008-10-10 06:06:18
Lists: pgsql-admin
Hi, Jagadeesh

I would suggest you 2 solutions:
  1. to use a function to edit these fields. That way you will be sure
that you will not forget to update both tables.
  2. use a trigger on master table. If I understand you - the history
table could be filled using trigger, when data in master table changes.
That way you could change only master table in your application.

Good luck!

--
Julius Tuskenis
Programavimo skyriaus vadovas