Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1076)

From: KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)ak(dot)jp(dot)nec(dot)com>
To: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>, Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>, KaiGai Kohei <kaigai(at)kaigai(dot)gr(dot)jp>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>
Subject: Re: Updates of SE-PostgreSQL 8.4devel patches (r1076)
Date: 2008-10-02 01:23:53
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Now we have just a month due to the final deadline.

I think we could sort out and make clear its conceptual issues
during CommitFest:Sep. So, I think it is good time that we can
move to the disucussion about its implementation.

Anyway, I want any suggestions what should I pay my efforts to
during the remaining month.

KaiGai Kohei wrote:
> I updated the following SE-PostgreSQL patches:
> [1/5]
> [2/5]
> [3/5]
> [4/5]
> [5/5]
> - Patches are rebased to the latest CVS HEAD.
> - Improvement of performance penalty for access checks.
>   Reworks in access vector chache enables to reduce performance loss, as
> follows:
>   It shows about 8% loss in maximum, and larger scale database give us
>   smaller losses in trend.
> - Add a hook to check permission on "COPY TO/FROM <file>".
>   In the previous version, SE-PostgreSQL does not check permissions
>   to the file used in COPY statement. It is fixed.
> - Documentation updates
>   - Descriptions for build & install are reworked, because most of
>     security policy for SE-PostgreSQL now got merged into the upstream
>     selinux-policy package.
>   - Add a "Limitation" section to describe about covert channel and
>     reference integrity.
> Thanks,

OSS Platform Development Division, NEC