Re: Standalone Windows Installation

From: Ashesh D Vashi <ashesh(dot)vashi(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Jörn Heid <heid(at)hs-heilbronn(dot)de>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Standalone Windows Installation
Date: 2008-10-01 04:14:02
Lists: pgsql-general

Jörn Heid wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I want to use Postgres without installation. The problem is the
> dependencies on the Visual C dll (msvcrt).
> As far as I know it would be possible to include a manifest file (only
> for libpq.dll?) and bundle the dlls from c:\windows\WinSxS into the
> bin directory of Postgres.
> Is this correct? Does anybody have (tested) such a manifest file?
>
> Jörn
You just need to copy the contents of the redist/x86 under the
%VCINSTALLDIR% in your distribution directory, where all
dlls/executables are present.
VCINSTALLDIR should be similar to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual
Studio 8\VC, depending on your Visual Studio Installation.
This directory contains:
* Microsoft.VCxx.CRT
* Microsoft.VCxx.ATL
..., etc

No need to copy the c:\windows\WinSxS contents.

Hope this should solve your problem.

Regards,
Ashesh