Re: how can I find out the numeric directory name of each database in PostgreSQL 8.3

From: Justin Yao <justin(at)snooth(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: how can I find out the numeric directory name of each database in PostgreSQL 8.3
Date: 2008-09-25 15:21:43
Lists: pgsql-general
forget it..... I am really sorry about that.
it works for me, too.

when I did :

dbname=> \d pg_database
     Table "pg_catalog.pg_database"
     Column     |   Type    | Modifiers
---------------+-----------+-----------
  datname       | name      | not null
  datdba        | oid       | not null
  encoding      | integer   | not null
  datistemplate | boolean   | not null
  datallowconn  | boolean   | not null
  datconnlimit  | integer   | not null
  datlastsysoid | oid       | not null
  datfrozenxid  | xid       | not null
  dattablespace | oid       | not null
  datconfig     | text[]    |
  datacl        | aclitem[] |
     "pg_database_datname_index" UNIQUE, btree (datname), tablespace
"pg_global"
     "pg_database_oid_index" UNIQUE, btree (oid), tablespace "pg_global"
Triggers:
     pg_sync_pg_database AFTER INSERT OR DELETE OR UPDATE ON pg_database
FOR EACH STATEMENT EXECUTE PROCEDURE flatfile_update_trigger()
Tablespace: "pg_global"

I didn't find the Column "oid", I take granted to think it may not work,
but I didn't issue a command to have a try.

Really sorry about that.

But the question is, why there's no column named "oid" and it still works?

Thanks,
Justin