Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle

From: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
To: Ron Mayer <rm_pg(at)cheapcomplexdevices(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for SQL-Standard Interval output and decoupling DateStyle from IntervalStyle
Date: 2008-09-20 17:09:28
Lists: pgsql-hackers
Ron Mayer wrote:
> Tom Lane wrote:
>> ...GUC that selected PG traditional, SQL-standard... interval output
>> format seems like it could be a good idea.

This is an update to the earlier SQL-standard-interval-literal output
patch that I submitted here:
http://archives.postgresql.org/message-id/48D15471.6080305@cheapcomplexdevices.com

This version fixes a couple bugs in my last patch related to reltime output and
with the new GUC variable, and updated the regression tests to adjust the
new IntervalStyle guc to match the output of the previous regression tests
where the interval output depended on DateStyle.

I've also added it to the Nov CommitFest wiki page.