Re: Errors installing contrib

From: Jeff Frost <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
To: kevin kempter <kevin(at)kevinkempterllc(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Errors installing contrib
Date: 2008-09-19 22:18:33
Lists: pgsql-admin

kevin kempter wrote:
> ok so I have more info.
>

> a pg_config --libdir shows me /usr/lib64
>
> however the make install installs the pg_buffercache
> in /pgmoveable/lib/postgresql

How was postgresql installed on the machine in the first place? RPM?
DEB? Just guessing by the pg_config output, I'd say postgresql was
installed on the server via some package management and you also have a
separately compiled source tree? If you installed from package
management, there usually is a contrib package which contains
pg_buffercache as well as the other normal contrib modules.

--
Jeff Frost, Owner <jeff(at)frostconsultingllc(dot)com>
Frost Consulting, LLC http://www.frostconsultingllc.com/