Re: WIP patch: Collation support

From: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog(at)svana(dot)org>, Gregory Stark <stark(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>, Radek Strnad <radek(dot)strnad(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: WIP patch: Collation support
Date: 2008-09-19 21:36:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
> Here's an updated version of the stripped-down patch, now with
> documentation changes, plus a couple of minor bug fixes.

Another update, marching towards committing. Now with pg_dump/pg_dumpall
support, and collation/ctype is also shown in psql \l output.

I wonder if we should provide a shorthand "LOCALE=<localename>" option,
in addition to separate COLLATE and CTYPE options? Most people will
always set them together. It could also set the rest of the locale
categories, lc_numeric, lc_monetary, and so on, as database-specific
options. Like "ALTER DATABASE <dbname> SET lc_messages=<localename> ..."
would.

--
Heikki Linnakangas

Attachment Content-Type Size
wip-collation-nocatalogs-4.patch text/x-diff 53.5 KB