pgadmin and cmake

From: Magnus Hagander <magnus(at)hagander(dot)net>
To: pgadmin-hackers <pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: pgadmin and cmake
Date: 2008-09-19 13:06:51
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Guys,

I've just committed initial support for building pgadmin using cmake
instead of autoconf/autotools. Amongst other things, this leaves us with
*one* build system, on both Unix and Windows.

For now, the old system stays in there completely untouched, until we
can prove that this works on all platforms. Obviously it won't do that
from the start - at least I don't expect it to.

So please - get the latest svn trunk and try to build it with cmake on
your platform, let us  know how that works, and we'll try to get this
going :-)

A super-quick primer to get going. First of all, cmake "prefers"
building outside the source directory, so here's a typical way to do it
(assuming your pgadmin directory is "pgadmin3"):

mkdir ../pgadmin3-build
cd ../pgadmin3-build
cmake -D CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/tmp/pgadmin_test_install ../pgadmin3
make

On unix, the "cmake" command will generate a set of subdirs in the build
directory, along with standard Makefiles and rules.

So - please get this, and test it on as many platforms as possible, and
report back!

//Magnus

pgadmin-hackers by date

Next:From: svnDate: 2008-09-19 15:36:00