Re: pg_dump in windows

From: Richard Huxton <dev(at)archonet(dot)com>
To: Ramasubramanian <ramasubramanian(dot)g(at)renaissance-it(dot)com>
Cc: pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: pg_dump in windows
Date: 2008-09-19 10:37:59
Lists: pgsql-sql

Ramasubramanian wrote:
> HI all, I am facing a problem while taking a back up in windows. It
> is asking for a password while using pg_dump. Why it is asking for a
> password ?(it is not asking password in linux) Give some details
> about fe_sendauth in postgres . How i can avoid asking password in
> windows shile taking backup?

This is going to depend on how you have set up authentication on the
server (the Linux box might not need any password) and how you provide a
password from your client.

See "The password file" in chapter 30 of the manuals for details on how
to store a password in a (secured - make sure this is true!) file.

--
Richard Huxton
Archonet Ltd