Re: Idle Error invalid byte sequence

From: Randall Wilson <rwilson(at)earthcomber(dot)com>
To: "pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Idle Error invalid byte sequence
Date: 2008-09-18 20:10:24
Lists: pgsql-admin
Yes, the encoding was changed from SQL_ASCII to UTF-8. Does the fact
that it's an "Idle" error conform your theory that some client is
causing the error? I thought the "Idle" error was caused by errors found
during background processes, like vacuums.

I made a plain text backup of the live database and I'm not having any
luck grepping for the character. I may be doing it wrong. If I can't
find it in the database dump, what does that tell us? Is it possibly in
a template database.

Thanks for your help,
Randy