Re: Download strategy

From: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: PostgreSQL WWW <pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Download strategy
Date: 2008-09-18 13:21:20
Lists: pgsql-www

Dave Page wrote:
> I must say I'm a little disappointed about the current discussion on
> how the downloads are currently organised. The current layout was
> discussed with numerous members of the webteam, both on and off-list
> before it was implemented, and was done so based on feedback from
> users and third parties who were able to provide useful hints through
> their own dealings with users and potential users.

> And guess what? It's worked. *All* the feedback I've received has
> commented on how it's far, far easier to find the appropriate
> downloads now, and since the changes were implemented, I don't think
> I've seen a single 'what/where do I download' email.

Easy Dave :) Nothing is perfect and we are really only talking about one
facet of all the hard work you did.

I did offer a suggestion on this thread that I felt might make the great
work you did even easier:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-www/2008-09/msg00110.php

For the record I would agree that the current situation is a billion
times better than what we had.

Sincerely,

Joshua D. Drake