Re: Opportunity for some .EDU advocacy

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Michael Alan Brewer <mbrewer(at)gmail(dot)com>, xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Opportunity for some .EDU advocacy
Date: 2008-09-11 21:23:22
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Chander Ganesan wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>>> I could probably do something PostGIS, MapServer, OpenLayers
>>> related...  Lemme check my calendar and see if I can put something
>>> together.
>> O.k. sense it is in October, I could probably go too. That will be right
>> after West. So if we get Michael, Chander, Robert (both), and I we
>> should be good to go.
> Okay.  I submitted 4 abstracts for this one...
Just an FYI, in case anyone else submitted abstracts.  I never heard
back from the folks at UGA about this conference, but today checked the
speaker schedule for it and noticed that I'm on the hook for a total of
3 talks on the last day of the conference.  If anyone else submitted
abstracts, you might check to see if you are scheduled to speak at the
conference.  The day I am scheduled happens to be the *only* weekday in
the month of October that I am actually free...

The talks I am doing are:

Introduction to Geospatial databases with PostGIS
Choosing an Open Source database: MySQL vs PostgreSQL
Providing Highly Available Network Services with UCARP (a variant of my
PGDay talk at LinuxWorld).

Is there any community presence at this conference (besides me?)

Just a note that folks who submitted abstracts may not have received any
notification that their abstracts were actually accepted....

Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.
One Copley Parkway, Suite 210
Morrisville, NC  27560