Re: Opportunity for some .EDU advocacy

From: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
To: Chander Ganesan <chander(at)otg-nc(dot)com>
Cc: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>, Michael Alan Brewer <mbrewer(at)gmail(dot)com>, xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Opportunity for some .EDU advocacy
Date: 2008-09-11 21:23:22
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Chander Ganesan wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:

>>> I could probably do something PostGIS, MapServer, OpenLayers
>>> related...  Lemme check my calendar and see if I can put something
>>> together.
>>>

>> O.k. sense it is in October, I could probably go too. That will be right
>> after West. So if we get Michael, Chander, Robert (both), and I we
>> should be good to go.
>>
> Okay.  I submitted 4 abstracts for this one...
Just an FYI, in case anyone else submitted abstracts.  I never heard
back from the folks at UGA about this conference, but today checked the
speaker schedule for it and noticed that I'm on the hook for a total of
3 talks on the last day of the conference.  If anyone else submitted
abstracts, you might check to see if you are scheduled to speak at the
conference.  The day I am scheduled happens to be the *only* weekday in
the month of October that I am actually free...

The talks I am doing are:

Introduction to Geospatial databases with PostGIS
Choosing an Open Source database: MySQL vs PostgreSQL
Providing Highly Available Network Services with UCARP (a variant of my
PGDay talk at LinuxWorld).

Is there any community presence at this conference (besides me?)

Just a note that folks who submitted abstracts may not have received any
notification that their abstracts were actually accepted....

--
Chander Ganesan
Open Technology Group, Inc.