Re: createArrayOf, type resolved outside search_path on arrays of composite

From: Kris Jurka <books(at)ejurka(dot)com>
To: Jean-Pierre Pelletier <pelletier_32(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: createArrayOf, type resolved outside search_path on arrays of composite
Date: 2008-09-11 17:25:43
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Jean-Pierre Pelletier wrote:

> Can the type cache be flushed programmatically ?

No.

> Could a workaround be for createArrayOf() to be extended
> to accept schema qualified type name?

I think that would only be part of the fix, you'd still need to make the
type cache schema aware (even if the driver didn't track changes to
search_path).  The JDBC javadoc for createArrayOf states that the
typeName parameter "is the value returned by Array.getBaseTypeName".  So
you'd need to change that to return a schema qualified name and I'm not
sure what else would need to change.

> An unrelated problem is that I had to override toString()
> in testtype to avoid "malformed record literal", is this the
> recommended way to handle composite type?

Right now the JDBC driver doesn't know much about composite types, so
that does seem like the correct workaround.

Kris Jurka