Re: New FSM patch

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Heikki Linnakangas <heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: New FSM patch
Date: 2008-09-10 15:14:13
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Heikki Linnakangas napsal(a):
> Here's an updated FSM patch. Changes since last patch:

Yesterday, I started to reviewing your patch. At the beginning I have
general questions:

1) If I understand correctly the main goal is to improve FSM to cover
all pages in file which is useful for huge database.

2) Did you perform any benchmark? Is there any performance improvement
or penalty?

3) How it works when database has many active parallel connections?

Zdenek