Bug: certificate expired

From: Andrej Podzimek <andrej(at)podzimek(dot)org>
To: pgadmin-support(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Bug: certificate expired
Date: 2008-09-06 12:09:00
Lists: pgadmin-support

Hello,

I have been using PgAdmin III with SSL for a couple of months. I set up certificates for both the server and the client, valid until March 2009. Everything worked fine.

Now the bad news: PgAdmin refuses to connect since yesterday, with this error message:

Error connecting to the server: SSL error: sslv3 alert certificate expired

This is obviously a nonsense, as both certificates are valid and system clocks on both computers show correct date and time. I even restarted the PostgreSQL server, which did not help.

Using PostgreSQL 8.3.3, compiled --with-openssl.

Best regards,

Andrej Podzimek