Re: Page layout footprint

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: heikki(dot)linnakangas(at)enterprisedb(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Page layout footprint
Date: 2008-09-02 19:21:24
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Zdenek Kotala napsal(a):

> 32/64 bit issue is little bit different story and it is general (not
> only SPARC but on SPARC has bigger impact). Problem is that CRC32 gives
> probably different result when it is compiled 32bit or 64bit. I'm going
> to examine it more.

I'm sorry about noise. Everything works as expected. I tested 8.3 and
looked into 8.4 code :(. The problem with 8.3 is that control file uses
time_t which is defined as long and it is not portable between 32bits
and 64bits server version. Version 8.4 is OK, because it uses pg_time_t
which is alway 64bit long.

Zdenek