Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog
Date: 2008-08-30 20:44:29
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sat, Aug 30, 2008 at 9:28 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Dave Page a écrit :

>>> Maybe use a disabled text box instead?
>>>
>> I thought about it too but wondered how many users will try to find a
>> way to enable them.
>>
>> If you still thinks it's a better idea, I'll work on it asap.
>
> Is there any reason why we don't just stick the current values in the
> main textboxes?

The current values could be the settings ones or the table ones. If we
put the current values in the main textboxes, we will have to first
check that at least one textbox value is different from the current
value. If we find a difference, we could save the table settings.

This is a bit hard, but not impossible.

--
Guillaume.
 http://www.postgresqlfr.org