Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog
Date: 2008-08-27 08:10:54
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> On Tue, Aug 26, 2008 at 10:50 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>>> [...]
>>> I also get a crash if I try to open the New Table dialogue. I suspect
>>> that is the possible incompatibility that you were worried about,
>>> though I guess it could be related to this patch.
>>>
>> I'm sorry, I don't have this issue. Surprising because I don't see how
>> the previous fix could have fixed it.
>>
>> No new patch, because the fix is already commited.
>
> Well your recent patches seem to have fixed it anyway!
>
> On the subject of the table dialogue though, there's something not
> quite right on the Vacuum tab. Note the position of the Current value
> label in the attached screenshot.

It seems at the right place to me. There are three columns on this tab:
first one for the labels, second one for the text box, and third one for
static texts showing current values.

> It's also a real shame that tabs cannot scroll on the mac - having the
> dialogue extra wide doesn't look so nice :-(.

It's even less nice when you open an existing table because there is one
more tab...

> Perhaps that minimum
> size should be for Mac only, and other platforms could be the standard
> size (he says, blindly assuming you didn't do that already!)?

No, I didn't. I tried to follow the size guidelines but it's pretty hard
if we want the dialogs to display nicely. But it could be something to do.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org