Re: Problem with reinstall of PostgreSQL 8.3

From: Rommel the iCeMAn <icecrew(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org
Cc: gnaval(at)hotmail(dot)com
Subject: Re: Problem with reinstall of PostgreSQL 8.3
Date: 2008-08-25 17:32:54
Lists: pgsql-admin
This happened to me before and the problem was with the 'postgres'
Windows account that was created during the first install. If you don't
specify a password for this account, the installer will choose a very
hard to guess, hard to remember password :-). I logged in as an
administrator and removed the postgres user account and let the
installer re-create it. You also have the option of manually setting
the password for this account, then telling the installer what that
password is.<br>
I don't know if your problem is the same as the one I experienced, but
I hope this helps.<br>
Goutham Naval wrote:
.hmmessage P
FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
I installed postgreSQL 8.3 on windows and changed few settings for ssl.
After which I uninstalled it by executing the .msi file again. My
intention was to reinstall from scratch, and unfortunately during the
reinstall I am getting a error <br>
'Invalid username specified: logon failure: unknown user name or bad
I am providing valid windows user name and pwd. <br>
How can I get past this issue, please help. <br>
Thanks. <br>
  <hr>Be the filmmaker you always wanted to be—learn how to burn a DVD
with Windows®. <a moz-do-not-send="true"
 href="" target="_new">Make
your smash hit</a></blockquote>