Re: Booth swag for the absentee enthusiast

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Decibel!" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: Christophe <xof(at)thebuild(dot)com>, pgsql-advocacy(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Booth swag for the absentee enthusiast
Date: 2008-08-22 18:15:57
Lists: pgsql-advocacy
Decibel! wrote:
> On Jul 29, 2008, at 3:07 PM, Christophe wrote:
>> On Jul 29, 2008, at 1:09 PM, Josh Berkus wrote:
>>> We really need to do CafePress and other online stores.  Volunteers
>>> to set
>>> this up?
>>
>> Happy to help!  I can get accounts going with the various on-line
>> stores, if that is agreeable.
>

> Did this ever happen?

Nope, and I realized that there is a problem with it.  Money we make
through cafepress etc. is "unrelated business income", so what would
need to happen is that someone would have to receive the money
*personally* then donate it to SPI and deal with the taxes.

Also, for our donation status, it's important that we not offer the same
t-shirt design on cafepress that we do for donations at conferences.
Otherwise the t-shirts at conferences become a sale and we have to pay
tax on them.

--Josh