Re: request for sponsors page

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: "Joshua D(dot) Drake" <jd(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-www(at)postgresql(dot)org, Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Subject: Re: request for sponsors page
Date: 2008-08-22 17:51:08
Lists: pgsql-www
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Peter Eisentraut wrote:
>>> Why not?  It's the best way to increase the number of people who give us
>>> $5.
>>
>> Well, someone giving three qualified answers to a mailing list inquiry
>> on a user list is worth a lot more than five bucks of their time, and
>> you surely don't want to include that in your listing.
>>

> If we use money as the qualifier for sponsorships listing anything less
> than 5 - 10k is silly. We already provide thank you, hand shake, and
> general acknowledgment. Here is the thing, most of the people that
> contribute are already getting their return from:

Well, $2000 is a small amount for a corporation, but it's a very large
amount for an individual.  I seriously think that donors like Gevik, who
gives us around $400 a year of his personal money in addition to
contributing time, deserve some extra recognition.

I agree that having a threshold for listing on the website is sensible,
I'd just like to have that threshold a little lower than you would.

--Josh Berkus