Re: Postgres not using array

From: André Volpato <andre(dot)volpato(at)ecomtecnologia(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Postgres not using array
Date: 2008-08-20 20:46:10
Lists: pgsql-performance

David Wilson escreveu:
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2008 at 2:30 PM, André Volpato
> <andre(dot)volpato(at)ecomtecnologia(dot)com(dot)br> wrote:
>

>> The CPU is 100% used since a few hours ago. Can anyone tell why?
>>

> Sounds like you've just got a CPU bound query. The data may even all
> be in cache.
>
> Some information on database size, along with EXPLAIN results for your
> queries, would help here.

The query itself runs smoothly, almost with no delay.

I am into some serious hardware fault. The application runs the query,
and store the results
like text files in another server. For some reason, the query pid
remains active
in the dbserver, and taking 100% CPU.

I´m gonna dig a little more.
Maybe the application is not able to store the results, or something.

--

[]´s, ACV