Re: How do I determine my data dir for a created database for pg_ctl?

From: Tovo Rabemanantsoa <tovo(at)bordeaux(dot)inra(dot)fr>
Cc: pgsql-novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: How do I determine my data dir for a created database for pg_ctl?
Date: 2008-08-20 06:33:35
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-novice

Matthew Pettis wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a database I can psql into... How can I determine what its
> absolute path is so I can use pg_ctl on it to restart it? Because
> when I use pg_ctl, it tells me I have to provide it in the -D flag as
> an argument.
>
> Thanks,
> matt

Hello,
I use postgresql on a linux ubuntu platform and the path used by default is /etc/postgresql/8.1/main/pgdata
In reality, this path is a symbolic link to /var/lib/postgresql/8.1/main
I suppose that in the other linux distros, it's near this configuration.
Hope this helps

--
Tovo J. RABEMANANTSOA
INRA - UR1263 EPHYSE