Re: A smaller default postgresql.conf

From: Hans-Juergen Schoenig <postgres(at)cybertec(dot)at>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A smaller default postgresql.conf
Date: 2008-08-19 10:07:30
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> I seem to recall that there was general support for installing a smaller
> default postgresql.conf file with only, say, a dozen parameters mentioned for
> initial tuning. The complete file can stay as a sample. Any objections to
> that? (Let's not discuss quite yet exactly which parameters are the chosen
> ones.)

i think this would make sense as long as this small file tells users
where to find the "full story".
generally i would say that this would be a step into the right direction.

alternatively we could use some sort of "#include" mechanism to split
"most important" and "not so important".

hans

--
Cybertec Schönig & Schönig GmbH
PostgreSQL Solutions and Support