Re: Support of INHERIT in existing tables (8.2+ releases)

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support of INHERIT in existing tables (8.2+ releases)
Date: 2008-08-11 12:50:09
Lists: pgadmin-hackers

Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sun, Aug 10, 2008 at 6:55 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>
>> Sorry to answer so late, it was a lot of work to get everything working.
>> Anyways, fixed.
>
> No worries. Got the following warning:
>
> ./dlg/dlgTable.cpp: In member function 'void
> dlgTable::OnAddTable(wxCommandEvent&)':
> ./dlg/dlgTable.cpp:1021: warning: unused variable 'row'

Fixed.

>> Fixed in the same patch. Don't know if you want a backpatch for 1.8?
>
> Thanks. I don't expect we're ever going to release another 1.8 - do you?

There's already 4 fixes for an 1.8.5. And this one.

Moreover, 1.10 is not expected before PostgreSQL 8.4 (march 2009 IIRC).
I think it would be better to have another 1.8. Not now, but there's
still like 7 months to go before next release. Not sure we won't need
another minor release.

> The only thing that looks a little odd with this patch is that the Add
> button is always enabled, even if there is no table selected. That is
> actually the existing behaviour, but it's a little more obvious now
> the button is enabled when editing existing tables as well. Should we
> fix that? My gut feeling is yes.

hehe... I saw it but wasn't sure if I should work on that too :)

Anyways, fixed.

New patch available at:
http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/inherit82+_20080811.patch.bz2

--