Re: A couple of basic questions

From: Shane Ambler <pgsql(at)Sheeky(dot)Biz>
To: stafford(at)marine(dot)rutgers(dot)edu
Cc: pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: A couple of basic questions
Date: 2008-08-07 16:51:47
Lists: pgsql-novice

Wm.A.Stafford wrote:
> 1. Does anyone use the pgAdmin Debugger? I'm curious because the screen
> shot of the debugger ( pgAdmin III Documentation->Using pgAdmin
> III->debugger) shows an Oracle pl/sql procedure.

pgAdmin works with postgresql not with Oracle. If the screen shot is of
an Oracle pl/sql style function then my guess is the screenshot comes
from a connection to EnterpriseDB (who developed the debugger) which has
more Oracle compatibility than the standard postgresql setup.

> 2. Is there a preferred compiler to build the debugger on Windows XP?

The debugger is part of the postgresql windows install since 8.3

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL (at) Sheeky (dot) Biz

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz