Re: macaddr data type and prepared statements

From: Steve Foster <s(dot)p(dot)foster(at)leeds(dot)ac(dot)uk>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: macaddr data type and prepared statements
Date: 2008-08-05 08:46:05
Lists: pgsql-jdbc
Hi Folks,

OK Think I've got it sorted... At least I'm inserting using a prepared
statement, the following worked fine. Anyone got any suggestions as to
why I shouldn't do it this way, it feels right but its too simple so I'm
being cautious.

Cheers

Steve

----Code----

org.postgresql.util.PGobject MACADDR = new org.postgresql.util.PGobject();
MACADDR.setType("macaddr");
org.postgresql.util.PGobject CIDR = new org.postgresql.util.PGobject();
CIDR.setType("cidr");

try {

           Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver");
           conn = DriverManager.getConnection(jdbc_url, jdbc_user,
jdbc_pass);

           PreparedStatement stmt = conn.prepareStatement("insert into
log (date, time, mac, network) values (?,?,?,?)");

           while (inputLineIterator.hasNext()) {
               String[] line = inputLineIterator.next();
               if (line == null) {
                   continue;
               }
           MACADDR.setValue(line[2]);