OIDS question

From: Frank Bax <fbax(at)sympatico(dot)ca>
To: PostgreSQL List - Novice <pgsql-novice(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: OIDS question
Date: 2008-08-01 22:34:15
Lists: pgsql-novice
I know we shouldn't use them; but ...

We have some apps that are using OIDS only as a unique key for updating
single records in table.

To transfer these tables to another system using pg_dump; I really only
need "WITH OIDS" on the CREATE TABLE command, not the COPY statements.

While playing with this I noticed that using the -c -o options of
pg_dump together; I get OIDS in COPY statements, but not in the CREATE
commands.  Either this is a bug; or I'm missing something here...

pgsql-novice by date