Re: Some comments about Julian Dates and possible bug. Please provide feedback.

From: Leslie S Satenstein <lsatenstein(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, Postgres documentation <pgsql-docs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Some comments about Julian Dates and possible bug. Please provide feedback.
Date: 2010-12-29 17:38:36
Lists: pgsql-docs

Good morning Robert

I presume that you are the acting project manager, in the sense of vetting changes or commentary. The pdf guide has only one statement concerning julian dates. I feel that more is required.

Julian dates are used as follows.

Working days between two dates is (the difference of the day numbers * 5/7) , with minor adjustment for rounding and weekend start-end considerations.

Julian date conversion is used for this type of calculation. It would be nice to see more in the manual about Julian dates, such as tests if a day is a weekend day, or to determine the day of the week for a specific Gregorian calendar date and vice-versa.

Regarding the julian bug(let), I will raise it as a comment on the code buglist.

Regards
 Leslie
Mr. Leslie Satenstein

mailto:lsatenstein(at)yahoo(dot)com
mailto leslie(dot)satenstein(at)itbms(dot)biz / leslies(at)itbms(dot)biz
www.itbms.biz