Re: Support for integrated tsearch configuration

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for integrated tsearch configuration
Date: 2008-08-01 10:05:46
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page a écrit :
> On Sat, Jun 28, 2008 at 1:54 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> [...]
>> I was sure I was following the "collection nodes and objects nodes" way of
>> doing. Here are some ascii artwork:
>>
>> - Databases (3)
>>  + DB1
>>  + DB2
>>  - DB3
>>    + Catalogs (2)
>>    + Casts (0)
>>    + Languages (0)
>>    + Schemas (1)
>>    + Replication (0)
>>    - Text Search
>>      + Configurations (2)
>>      + Dictionaries (2)
>>      + Parsers (2)
>>      + Templates (2)
>>
>> Seems you're right. The Text search node is neither a collection neither an
>> object one. Unfortunately, I don't have a better one.
>
> Logically I think the design is correct - the only 'more correct' way
> would be to put the objects directly under a database, but that would
> be quite ugly I think.
>
> What you propose should work - it just might need a little thought.
> Maybe we need a 'pgGroupObject' node type. Something to ponder on in
> spare minutes rather than your 5 days I suspect :-)

I worked three days on it. The fourth was more about testing it on
different platforms (GTK, Windows, Mac). Now, It's working. I don't
attach the patch because it's really big, but here is a URL to get it
compressed:

   http://developer.pgadmin.org/~guillaume/fts.patch.bz2

I was wrong on the layout of the text search objects inside the
treeview. They all belong to a schema, so they are part of a schema
node. You can see some screenshots on my blog:

  * the treeview:
    http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info/public/pgadmin_fts/fts5.png

  * text search configuration dialog:
    http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info/public/pgadmin_fts/fts3.png
    (not uptodate screenshot, it lacks the Tokens tab)
    http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info/public/pgadmin_fts/fts9.png

  * text search dictionary dialog:
    http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info/public/pgadmin_fts/fts7.png
    http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info/public/pgadmin_fts/fts8.png
    (not uptodate screenshot, the add and changes buttons merge in a
    single one)

  * text search parser dialog:
    http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info/public/pgadmin_fts/fts6.png

  * text search template dialog:
    http://blog.guillaume.lelarge.info/public/pgadmin_fts/fts4.png

They all are resizable, so the ones that use wxListCtrl widget suffer
the Mac issue.

Comments?

--
Guillaume.