Re: Review: DTrace probes (merged version) ver_03

From: Robert Lor <Robert(dot)Lor(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>, PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Robert Treat <xzilla(at)users(dot)sourceforge(dot)net>, jesus(at)omniti(dot)com
Subject: Re: Review: DTrace probes (merged version) ver_03
Date: 2008-07-31 20:21:26
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> But I don't see a reason to define the rest:
>

>> +typedef unsigned int locktag_field2;
>> +typedef const char * query_string;
>> +typedef int sortType;
>> +typedef int trueFalse;
>> +typedef int nkeys;
>> +typedef int workMem;
>> +typedef int randomAccess;
>> +typedef unsigned long LogicalTapeSetPtr;
>> +typedef long spaceUsed;
>> +typedef int isLocalBuf;
>> +typedef int found;
>> +typedef int flags;
>> +typedef int num_to_write;
>> +typedef int num_written;
>> +typedef int NBuffers;
>> +typedef int buf_id;
>>

> I think you should add a #define Size, perhaps #define bool, and use
> those where applicable, and the plain types (int, long, etc) in the rest.

Fixed. Patch attached.

> That Mac OS X problem merits some extra investigation, I think.

I'm investigating this one and will find the root cause, but I don't
think it should hold back this patch.
> Other than this, I think this patch can be committed.

I'd appreciate if it can be committed today.

Alvaro, thanks a bunch for the feedback!

--
Robert Lor           Sun Microsystems
Austin, USA          http://sun.com/postgresql