Re: display query results

From: PJ <af(dot)gourmet(at)videotron(dot)ca>
To: rod(at)iol(dot)ie
Cc: Andy Shellam <andy(dot)shellam-lists(at)mailnetwork(dot)co(dot)uk>, pgsql-php(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: display query results
Date: 2008-07-31 16:25:23
Lists: pgsql-php
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
> On 31/07/2008 14:55, PJ wrote:
>> Now I am trying to verify the padding on "Alcohol" and in so doing
>> tried to invoke phpPgAdmin... and you gussed it, I tried to follow
>> all hte INSTALL instructions and http://localhost/phppgadmin just
>> gives "cannot find on this server"
>
> What web server are you running? What platform? How did you set it up?
FreeBS D7.0, postgresql 8.3.3 php 5.2.6, php5-pgsql5.2.6_1, apache
2.2.9, phpPgAdmin4.2_1,

>> On to of it, the same script I ran yesterday now give me "Fatal
>> error" Call to undefined function pg_connect() on line 10. Worked
>> fine yesterday.
>> Wonder what it is that I screwed up?
>
> This suggests that the PG functions aren't enabled in PHP, which is
> kind of weird since they worked before. If you're on Windows, I'd
> double-check your php.ini file to make sure that the PostgreSQL
> extension is enabled (not commented out).
I just reconfigured php.ini, postgresql.conf to what they were before
but no change.
What is weird is that I have the file extensions.ini under the php
directory but I cannot find a reference to it in any conf file.
There is an entry in php.ini :
; UNIX: "/path1:/path2"
#include_path = ".:/usr/local/share/pear"
So, path1 would seem to mean what? The period means what?
The extensions.ini is in the /usr/local/etc/php/ directory. I recall
configuring the extensions.ini file a while back but for the life of me
I cannot recall how or where it was referred to.
Should I be setting the include path1 to ../ for the extensions or
/usr/local/etc/php ?