Re: ODBC wrapper code for postgreSql 8.2

From: "Bart Samwel" <bart(at)samwel(dot)tk>
To: sandarsh(dot)devappa(at)wipro(dot)com
Cc: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ODBC wrapper code for postgreSql 8.2
Date: 2007-01-16 10:23:56
Lists: pgsql-odbc

sandarsh(dot)devappa(at)wipro(dot)com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> We are planning to use PostgreSql 8.2 for one of our project, so anbody
> knows a ODBC wrapper code written in C++, which has very a good
> performance, as we need to support 300 transactions per second.

Hi Sandy,

If you're going to use C++ and don't mind committing yourself to
Postgresql, you might consider skipping ODBC altogether and using the very
robust libpqxx:

http://thaiopensource.org/development/libpqxx/

It does things STL-style, supports automatic reconnects for robustness,
query pipelining for high performance, etc.

Hope this helps!

Cheers,
Bart