Re: roll back to 8.1 for PyQt driver work-around

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Scott Frankel <frankel(at)circlesfx(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Subject: Re: roll back to 8.1 for PyQt driver work-around
Date: 2008-07-16 14:52:44
Lists: pgsql-general

Scott Frankel a écrit :
> [...]
> Here's the full text from the log file:
>
> FATAL: syntax error in file "/Library/PostgreSQL8/data/postgresql.conf"
> line 107, near token "kB"

You can't use units in a pre-8.2 config file.

> FATAL: syntax error in file "/Library/PostgreSQL8/data/postgresql.conf"
> line 107, near token "kB"
> LOG: could not bind IPv6 socket: Address already in use
> HINT: Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait
> a few seconds and retry.

Apparently the 8.3 server is already running on port 5432... which seems
plausible because I think you launch 8.1 on the 8.3 data directory.

> FATAL: incorrect checksum in control file
> LOG: could not bind IPv6 socket: Address already in use
> HINT: Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait
> a few seconds and retry.
> FATAL: incorrect checksum in control file

It means you try to execute an 8.1 server on a data directory
initialized by an 8.2 or 8.3 initdb.

> LOG: could not bind IPv6 socket: Address already in use
> HINT: Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait
> a few seconds and retry.
> FATAL: incorrect checksum in control file
> LOG: could not bind IPv6 socket: Address already in use
> HINT: Is another postmaster already running on port 5432? If not, wait
> a few seconds and retry.

You can use two different release on the same server. But you need
different port number and different data directory.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.
http://www.postgresqlfr.org