Re: [SQL] Duplicate tuples with unique index

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Patrik Kudo <kudo(at)partitur(dot)se>
Cc: "pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org" <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>, girgen(at)partitur(dot)se
Subject: Re: [SQL] Duplicate tuples with unique index
Date: 2000-01-21 16:23:02
Lists: pgsql-sql

Patrik Kudo <kudo(at)partitur(dot)se> writes:
> db=> vacuum ;
> NOTICE: Rel pg_statistic: TID 1/93: OID IS INVALID. TUPGONE 0.
> NOTICE: Index html_text_idx: NUMBER OF INDEX' TUPLES (1193) IS NOT THE
> SAME AS HEAP' (1258)
> ERROR: Cannot insert a duplicate key into a unique index

Given the reference to pg_statistic, I wonder if you aren't getting
burnt by the recently-discovered bug wherein VACUUM ANALYZE tries to
create pg_statistic tuples that are too long. I recommend (a) patch
vacuum.c (see Dirk Lutzebaeck's nearby message); then (b) drop and
recreate html_text_idx; finally (c) DELETE FROM pg_statistic and
then VACUUM ANALYZE to rebuild it. Good luck!