Re: patch to fix pgadmin1.8.4 build on Solaris 10.

From: Zdenek Kotala <Zdenek(dot)Kotala(at)Sun(dot)COM>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: Mayuresh Nirhali <Mayuresh(dot)Nirhali(at)Sun(dot)COM>, pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: patch to fix pgadmin1.8.4 build on Solaris 10.
Date: 2008-07-10 08:25:28
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page napsal(a):
> On Wed, Jul 9, 2008 at 12:42 PM, Mayuresh Nirhali
> <Mayuresh(dot)Nirhali(at)sun(dot)com> wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> While building pgadmin 1.8.4 on Solaris 10, I encountered following error.
>>
>> "./debugger/dbgPgConn.cpp", line 97: Error: INADDR_NONE is not defined.
>> gmake[2]: *** [dbgPgConn.o] Error 1
>>
>> This seems to be a known problem with Solaris10.
>> I prepared a patch based on how the same issue is worked around in
>> 'pgadmin/db/pgConn.cpp' and it is attached here.
>>
>> please feel free to comment/review the same.
>
> That code hasn't been a problem for Solaris packages built in the past
> - do you know what has changed?
>
> Zdenek; have you run into this before?

Hi Dave,

I built pgadmin only on Nevada and I have never seen this. Latest version which
we built on S10 was 1.6.3 and it works fine, but this is new feature in pgAdmin 1.8.

INADDR_NONE is not in any standard. I found some CR

http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=6235070
http://bugs.opensolaris.org/view_bug.do?bug_id=4111648

And PHP bug:
http://bugs.php.net/bug.php?id=30304&edit=1

POSIX

http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/functions/inet_addr.html
http://www.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/009695399/basedefs/netinet/in.h.html

It seems that it is defined now in latest Solaris 10 updates but not on Solaris
10FCS which we use for build. There are two possible solution. One is to use
Mayuresh patch or second replace INADDR_NONE macro with -1 in the code.

		Zdenek