Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog
Date: 2008-07-08 23:07:37
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Guillaume Lelarge a écrit :
> [...]
> The patch attached fixed some issues:
>  * The "Are you sure..." message is displayed only when "Read Only" is
>    checked.
>  * No button is the default on the "Are you sure" message (which has a
>    weird behaviour... hitting Esc will validate the dialog and the user
>    will lose his changes... I'm not sure we should keep this).
>  * the first issue you had.
>  * Sizing problems fixed on Linux with a wxFlexGridSizer.
>
> Remaining issues:
>  * Objects' size on Windows (and Max OS X ?).

I worked on the remaining issue tonight and it seems I can fix it this
way: I add a wxFlexGridSizer and a few sizers on the .xrc file. It works
well on the Linux and on the Win32 plateforms (I only check with
dlgDatabase.xrc file). If I'm right, this means I need to add these
widgets on each properties' dialog that doesn't already have them (all
but functions and trigger' ones).

If I'm still right, I see two ways to deal with this :

1. I add the wxFlexGridSizer widget on each dialog that needs it, I then
create a patch with my dlgProperty's changes and the .xrc files'
changes. I apply this (when allowed), and I can work later on each xrc
file to add full support of the wxFlexGridSizer.

2. I first fix each dialog with the wxFlexGridSizer to add full support,
and then I can resubmit this patch.

I tend to prefer the first one. Comments?

--
Guillaume.
  http://www.postgresqlfr.org