Re: Support for integrated tsearch configuration

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)pgadmin(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Support for integrated tsearch configuration
Date: 2008-06-28 12:54:18
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page a écrit :
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2008 at 11:45 PM, Guillaume Lelarge
> <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have five days, full time, to work on this new feature. Here is my idea:
>
> Thanks to Dalibo :-)

:)

>>  * add a "Text Search" node under the database node;
>>  * add a Configurations node;
>>  * add a Dictionarys node;
>>  * add a Parsers node;
>>  * add a Templates node.
>>
>> Each of the four last nodes will have a property dialog.
>>
>> I don't think there's much more things we can do to have a better
>> integration of the tsearch configuration.
>>
>> Comments?
>
> Sounds pretty straightforward - except there may be some odd side
> effects of the 'Text Search node. Everything is pretty much designed
> around the idea that we alternate between collection nodes and object
> nodes. There are some exceptions - just don't assume it'll be entirely
> simple!

Nothing is really simple on pgAdmin's coding (says the guy who tries
hardly to compile it under Windows since last evening... grmbl... :) ).

I was sure I was following the "collection nodes and objects nodes" way
of doing. Here are some ascii artwork:

- Databases (3)
   + DB1
   + DB2
   - DB3
     + Catalogs (2)
     + Casts (0)
     + Languages (0)
     + Schemas (1)
     + Replication (0)
     - Text Search
       + Configurations (2)
       + Dictionaries (2)
       + Parsers (2)
       + Templates (2)

Seems you're right. The Text search node is neither a collection neither
an object one. Unfortunately, I don't have a better one.

I need to think a bit more about this.

--
Guillaume.
  http://www.postgresqlfr.org