Re: ERROR: could not open relation with OID 2836

From: Rodrigo Gonzalez <rjgonzale(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Craig Ringer <craig(at)postnewspapers(dot)com(dot)au>, pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: ERROR: could not open relation with OID 2836
Date: 2008-06-26 03:41:50
Lists: pgsql-general

Tom Lane wrote:
> Rodrigo Gonzalez <rjgonzale(at)gmail(dot)com> writes:
>> Craig Ringer wrote:
>>> What platform are you using?
>
>> It's running under CentOS 4.4 using ext3, no RAID or LVM.
>> Server is quad xeon 64 bits 3 GHz
>
> Ugh, I'd have liked to think RHEL4/Centos4 would be more reliable than
> that :-(. Still, you might have an issue with trying to use hardware
> that's not supported by RHEL4, especially if it's not a very recent
> version of RHEL4. Did you check compatibility charts before purchasing?
> https://hardware.redhat.com/
>
> regards, tom lane

It had been working with pgsql 8.1 and 8.2 for 2 years without problems.
Suspicious is that problems started next day I've upgraded to 8.3.

I've tried reinstalling 8.3 from scratch and again, next morning, oid
2836 is missing...

Before you ask, nothing "strange" is running at nights, just a pg_dump
from other machine to make a backup....

Best regards

Rodrigo Gonzalez