Data corruption while taking backup of database

From: Pushker Chaubey <pchaubey(at)vertex(dot)co(dot)in>
To: pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Data corruption while taking backup of database
Date: 2008-06-25 08:47:11
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

Hi Experts,

We took back up of a database using the following command
pg_dump -a
Please note that when we took the back the database was available for
use simultaneously from various clients.

In the back up file that was generated we found some data that was
violating foreign key constraints. And there fore we were not able to
restore database back with this back up file.

What may be the possible reasons?

Also please tell me, is it safe if we allow concurrent modification of
data through DMLs and the same time take the back up using pg_dump?

Regards
Pushker

The information contained in this electronic message and any attachments to this message are intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and destroy the original message all copies of this message and any attachments.

pgsql-jdbc by date

Next:From: Pushker ChaubeyDate: 2008-06-25 08:52:27
Previous:From: 王铁Date: 2008-06-25 06:29:33