A GUC variable to replace PGBE_ACTIVITY_SIZE

From: Thomas Lee <tom(at)vector-seven(dot)com>
To: pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: A GUC variable to replace PGBE_ACTIVITY_SIZE
Date: 2008-06-22 17:52:15
Lists: pgsql-patches
Attached is a patch providing a new GUC variable called
"track_activity_query_size", as previously discussed on pgsql-hackers here:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2008-06/msg00814.php

This is my first patch for postgres, so I'm sure it may need some love.
In particular:

* Should it be possible to set this new variable via a command-line
option ala shared_buffers?
* I'm not exactly sure about the best way to add unit/regr tests for
this change.
* I'm also not sure what's required in the way of updates to the
documentation.

Any comments or suggestions would be most appreciated.

Cheers,

pgsql-patches by date