Re: GIN improvements

From: Teodor Sigaev <teodor(at)sigaev(dot)ru>
To: Patches <pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: GIN improvements
Date: 2008-06-17 18:25:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers pgsql-patches

> 1) multicolumn GIN
> Unlike other indexes, the performance of search
> doesn't depends on what column of index (first, last, any subset) is
> used in search clause. This property can be used in gincostestimate, but
> I haven't looked on it yet.

After some playing I didn't find any mentions in *costestimate function about
difference of cost estimation between first and any other columns in clauses,
so, IMHO, issue above isn't an issue. :)

So, I didn't see any comments/objections and I intend to commit this patch for
next two days and synchronize 'fast insert into GIN' patch with CVS.

Objections?

WWW: http://www.sigaev.ru/