Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog

From: Guillaume Lelarge <guillaume(at)lelarge(dot)info>
To: Dave Page <dpage(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Cc: pgadmin-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Enabling SQL text field in the SQL tab of object dialog
Date: 2008-06-14 14:01:29
Lists: pgadmin-hackers
Dave Page a écrit :
> Guillaume Lelarge wrote:
> [...]
>> Ideas ? Comments ?
>
> I think I'd like to see a prototype so we can get a feel for how it
> would work and what might explode. It shouldn't be too hard to do - just
> add an option to the SQL tab, and when selected, lock the tabset to that
> tab. That should be doable on the appropriate base class.

Finally, here is the prototype. As I first talked about this one year
ago, I will summarize the idea : adding a checkbox on the SQL tab of an
object's properties to let the user change the SQL query. Checking will
disable the contents of the other tabs because we don't want to try to
reverse engineer the user's changes.

So, here is the patch that does this. I'm sure there's work left to do
(most notably some duplicate code) but, at least, it works for me on two
different scenarios : changing the SQL query and adding another SQL query.

Comments are welcome.

Regards.

--
Guillaume.